Everything you need to know about mail to India and how bakergoodchild can help
India, with a huge population of 1.252 billion people, unsurprisingly has one of the largest economies in the world. It currently stands as the sixth largest economy in the world, and has been enjoying rapid economic growth over the last 25 years.
This, when compared to the troubles that many countries in Europe have been facing recently, means that India’s economy has now surpassed that of the UK for the first time in more than 100 years.
There are currently no restrictions or regulations when it comes to international mail within India, so it is a country that many businesses aim to get a good foothold in. We have covered this in more detail below.
Facts about mail in India
The below are some facts you may or may not already know about the mail service in India:
- Claim to fame – India has the highest post office in the world, currently situated in Hikkim at a height of 15,500 ft.
- Second claim to fame – India also has the largest postal network in the world, with over 1.5 million post offices and over five million employees as of March 2015
- Well connected – India is well connected with the rest of the world, becoming one of the first members of the Universal Postal Union (UPU), the United Nation’s worldwide postal group
- Indian address structure – Indian addresses are structured in much the same way as English addresses. This follows the order of: addressee name, flat name or number, street, town or city, postcode, country
- Safe delivery – the Indian postal department is keen that goods and items are delivered safely and efficiently, and so has committed to installing GPS devices in its delivery vans
What types of international mail services are there to India?
India sits in World Zone 1 when it comes to international mail, and the services on offer are listed below.
- International mail – economy service – can take up to 12 weeks
- International mail – standard service – can take between five and seven working days
- International mail – signed service – can take between five and seven working days
- International mail – tracked service – can take between five and seven working days
The exact time that it will take to deliver your items can vary, but rest assured that bakergoodchild will be able to secure you the best prices on the market thanks to our far-reaching relationships. You can get a more specific quote from us here.
How else can bakergoodchild help with international mail services to India?
Alongside our international mailing services, bakergoodchild can also provide help with printing, planning, preparation and personalised marketing to any country throughout the world. If you need assistance with one of these areas or have questions that you want to ask us, we can be reached on 0800 612 1972.
If you have enjoyed reading this article, also read the following country pages:
- International Mail – Australia
- International Mail – Brazil
- International Mail – Canada
- International Mail – China
- International Mail – France
- International Mail – Germany
- International Mail – Ireland
- International Mail – Italy
- International Mail – Netherlands
- International Mail – Poland
- International Mail – Spain
- International Mail – USA
Image credit: Chee Huey Wong