Sending international mail to our Irish neighbours
The Irish economy is a strong one, and despite suffering some setbacks after the economic crisis, it was the fastest growing economy in Europe in 2016. This was after it was the first country that exited a European Union bailout.
Ireland has a small population of around 4.6 million people, but with open markets, regulatory efficiency and the rapidly growing economy that was mentioned above, it is still seen as a country worth doing business with.
Irish Gaelic is deemed the official language of the Republic of Ireland, but English is the more commonly used language. This makes it an easy country to trade with, especially when it comes to exploring international mail opportunities with a country so close to the UK.
Facts about mail in Ireland
The postal service has been one of the bedrocks of communication for Irish people for centuries, especially as many were forced to emigrate during The Great Famine in the 1840s. The postal service has, of course, developed over the years, and some facts about mail in Ireland are below:
- Local post office services – post offices in Ireland have developed to offer a range of services to locals, from paying bills to getting a pension to getting foreign currency
- Address structure – Urban addresses are structured by country, city or town, street name, the number or name of the house, or the apartment or flat number if relevant
- Largest sender of mail – the largest sender of mail items in Ireland comes from the financial sector
- Direct mail – direct mail plays a large role in Ireland, particularly when it comes to Government promotions, such as with the Lisbon Treaty. Addressed direct mail is the largest form of direct mail in Ireland
Types of international mail services that you can use for Ireland
Although Ireland is extremely close to the UK, the same international mail service timescales apply. We have listed these below:
- Economy international mail service – takes between 10 to 15 working days
- Standard international mail service – takes between three and five working days
- Tracked international mail service – takes between three and five working days
- Tracked & signed international mail service – takes between three and five working days
The prices for each of these differing international mail services will depend on a range of factors, such as the number of items you have and the size that they are. You can get a quotation from us here.
How can bakergoodchild help with my international mail to Ireland?
Bakergoodchild is much more than just an international mail service! The services that we offer, that we like to call the ‘5 P’s’, are:
- Planning of the mail you wish to send
- Preparing the mail (folding, packing, etc.)
- Personalising your mail
- Printing your mail
- Posting your mail, both nationally and internationally
If you require one or more of these services, simply get in contact with us on 0800 612 1972.
International mail services articles
Please also read the following international mail country pages:
- International mail services to Australia
- International mail services to Brazil
- International mail services to Canada
- International mail services to China
- International mail services to France
- International mail services to Germany
- International mail services to India
- International mail services to Italy
- International mail services to Netherlands
- International mail services to Poland
- International mail services to Spain
- International mail services to USA
Image credit: Dave Meier