¿Hablas español? All you need to know about sending mail to Spain
Spain was undergoing political problems for much of 2016, but it seems that something of a relief is in sight for the country. Despite the lack of a stable government until October 2016, the Spanish economy has still been growing strong at around 3% annually.
The formation of a government, although not an entirely strong one, balanced the economy and set the country in line with European deficit targets. While Spanish economic growth is expected to slow during 2017, Spain is still seen as a country worth doing business with, especially with a population of over 46 million.
While English isn’t officially classed as a main language, Spain’s location leaves it as an ideal trade route with much of the rest of the world, making it a great place to explore international mailing opportunities.
Facts about mail in Spain
- Spanish mail system – the Spanish mail system is called Los Correos, and generally isn’t seen as a highly fast or efficient service
- Fragile items – the Spanish Correos don’t offer a fragile handling service
- Opening times – Post offices typically open between 9am and 2:30pm, so be sure to visit early!
- Spanish address structure – the Spanish address structure is as follows; type of street, street name, building number, floor number, door number, postcode, city, province, although the province is optional
Spain is known for its picturesque buildings
International mail services on offer for Spain
Bakergoodchild, with strong relationships with mailing partners around the world, is well placed to offer you the very best international mail services to Spain. The different types of international mail services that are on offer can be seen below:
- International mail – economy – allow 10 to 15 working days
- International mail – standard – allow three to five working days
- International mail – tracked – allow three to five working days
- International mail – tracked and signed – allow three to five working days
The Spanish mail system has improved much in recent years, but does still have some way to go. But, with our reliable and trusted partners, we can ensure that your mail will be delivered to the right place quickly and safely – even with fragile items!
Although the final three international mail options all take roughly the same amount of time to be delivered to Spain, the costs will vary between all the differing options depending on which you choose, what you need to be delivered, and the quantity of your items.
For an accurate quote, please get in contact with us here.
What else can bakergoodchild help with?
Not only can we deliver mail internationally, but we can also help with planning what it is you want to mail, the printing of your mail, adding a personal touch, finishing the orders with tasks such as folding, and, of course, with posting to any corner of the world.
If you want to know more about our services and how bakergoodchild may be able to help you, you can reach us on 0800 612 1972.
Other international mail services articles
This is just one of a number of articles we have produced, also visit:
- Europe: France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands and Poland
- Rest of the World: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, India and USA
Image credit: Jéshoots