The latest available vacancies from Birmingham based direct mail and print management experts bakergoodchild
Find out more about us
Latest vacancies from Birmingham based mailing house bakergoodchild
Welcome to bakergoodchild’s job vacancies page. Here you can read our current vacancies for positions which are available within the company. Please read the specific vacancy you are interested in applying for and follow the application instructions within the vacancy.
Sales Account Manager
We are a growing company providing fast turnaround print, mail & postal solutions to hundreds of UK businesses. An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Sales Account Manager to join our team.
This is the ideal role for an ambitious professional with bulk mail and postage customer account management experience; someone who’s looking to join a leading mailing company that pride themselves on the high quality marketing support services we provide and will be given the chance to significantly enhance their earning potential.
As a Sales Account Manager, you will be responsible for developing and consolidating existing customer accounts, with your Account Director. You will also build and develop relationships with mailers and marketers in customer organisations.
You will provide quotations, follow up to order and book in mail fulfilment campaigns, providing pro-active support to customers through each stage of the mail fulfilment process. Additionally, you will seek to sell our range of print management and advanced data cleansing and processing solutions. Some handling of new business enquiries and new account opening is also required.
The role does include New Business sales. You will be involved, with your Sales Account Director in the acquisition of new customers through a combination of pro-active sales activity, such as prospecting, networking, tender opportunities and inbound new business enquiries. Your generous bonus and commission structure will reflect your performance against agreed targets.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least two years of sales or account management experience gained within the mail fulfilment, print or marketing industries.
Additionally, as a Sales Account Manager, you will be a customer-focused team player with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also key. To apply please email you’re CV and a cover letter to the E-Mail below.
Data and Laser Processing Executive
We are a growing company providing fast turnaround print, mail & postal solutions to hundreds of UK businesses and now looking for a Data and Laser Processing Executive to join our team.
Purpose of The Job
To help process address data in a busy Mailing House environment. This will include mailmerge to letters, envelopes and postcards. Producing print ready and accurate mailing files and artwork to send to customers for approval. Mailsorting data to achieve postal discounts from Royal Mail and Downstream Postal providers, and providing postage cost analysis as to the most cost effective option from many different tariffs. Data cleansing, including PAF (address enhancement), de-duplication and other enhancements & suppressions. To operate our range of laser mono and colour digital printers to produce high quality, personalised mailing materials.
– Communication – Ability to liaise with and communicate instructions and requirements to team members and customers to achieve maximum machine efficiency
– Quality – Ability to read and follow instructions accurately and consistently and to follow company quality procedures and checks
– Teamwork – Good team member, provide support to other team members, positive team attitude, willing to assist in completing team workload.
– Attention to detail – Complete work without need for checking and to deadlines, strive for high standards.
– Attitude – Enthusiastic, motivated, good work ethic, flexibility to tasks, desire to learn, accept ownership/responsibility within given levels.
– Technical – Good IT skills are required, specifically good knowledge of Microsoft access, excel and word. Experience of mailmerge, working with pdf artwork, SQL, Macros, Visual Basic, Planet Press and data address cleansing would all be an advantage.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
– To ensure that operation of the printers are kept to maximum machine output and quality.
– Understanding of and compliance with BGD Quality procedures, checks and job instructions.
– Understanding of Royal Mail, Whistl, Secured Mail & and any other mail process and procedures.
– Promote and maintain clean and safe working environment.
– Work closely with the Production Manager/Directors to ensure any requirements and daily production goals are achieved.
– To promote good communication throughout all matters.
– To ensure that training is maintained throughout the whole of IT.
– All admin work is to be up to date and kept to an ISO standard.
– To get the best possible discount on all mailing jobs.
– To assist Sales/Production with any projects.
– To assist the company in any IT work that is needed.
– Proof to clients on a daily basis, this could be proofs from the printers or the inkjetters.
– Data processing.
– Ensure that all consumables are kept up to date on a weekly basis.
Hours of Work
You may be required to work overtime in addition to your normal hours of work if instructed to do so by the Company on reasonable notice or if necessary for the proper performance of your duties. The Company does not guarantee that overtime will be available to you. “Overtime” is considered to be hours worked over the standard 48 hours per week. Any overtime worked must receive prior authorisation from the Company and, where so authorised, shall be paid at single time.
To apply please email you’re CV and a cover letter to the E-Mail below.
bakergoodchild are a fast growing company providing direct mail, print and postage solutions to hundreds of businesses around the UK. The majority of our vacancies will suit individuals with a mailing house background. We are always looking to recruit high-quality candidates with related mailing house background and experience.
To send in a speculative application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied with a cover letter, we will reply to your application ASAP.