For many PLC’s and companies with large numbers of shareholders and other interested parties mailing the annual report and accounts can be a major headache.
The headache of globally sending annual report and accounts
Sending large-scale mailing of this kind (usually at the same time) around the world, requires knowledge of postage rates and envelopes to use, etc. This is why many organisations outsource this task to a mailing house that will have the expertise to manage the process start to finish (or at least the required tasks).
Business annual report and accounts – a planned mailing
As the name suggests annual report and accounts are sent out annually to shareholders and other interested parties on a scheduled and agreed date. Therefore this represents an excellent/ideal task for bulk mailing. There will be plenty of time to plan as the date for the annual report and accounts distribution will be known. As soon as the printed report an accounts are available, a sample should be sent to the direct mail house (unless they are also responsible for print too) who can advise on strategy, approach, timescales and costs, etc. Although typically smaller in amount of content (and perhaps importance) there is likely to be a similar task to mail the interim accounts at the six month stage.
Benefits of using a quality international bulk postage service
There are many benefits associated with using an international bulk postage service like the one provided by Baker Goodchild, some of these are summarised below:
- Postal strategy consultancy – advice on weights, sizes/dimensions, etc.
- Reduced costs through:
– access to discounts from a range of postal providers
– optimising mail for postal bands
- Data cleansing prior to bulk batch distribution. Also an update of data is provided where any items are returned as undeliverable
- Prioritised urgent delivery where required (to some or all of the batch)
- A reduced level of administration by outsourcing the task to a third party
- Added value services such as:
– printing the annual report and accounts if required
– a range of direct mail fulfilment services (e.g. adding inserts, envelope closing, polywrapping, etc.)
– sorting of mail by international postcodes to optimise discounts
– applying pre-paid postage and stamps
Moving Forward with Baker Goodchild
If you’re planning to send annual report and accounts anywhere in the world or post any other item in bulk contact us here at Baker Goodchild. We are specialists in postal strategy and can save you time, hassle and money off your international postage costs.